The Halton Height trig point is situated on Halton Height, also known as High Crag, between the village of Halton East and Lower Barden Reservoir. It was built in 1949 as part of the third order of trig points.
|Station Name:||Halton Height|
|Date Built:||15th April 1949|
|Levelling Date:||1st January 1956|
|Historic Use:||3rd order|
|TUK Ref No:||TP3579|
|No. of Visits:||3|
The trig point is only a few minutes walk from a parking area on the road below and shares the summit with a well built cone shaped cairn. The views are mainly of the moors of mid-Whardedale including Simon’s Seat, the Old Pike and Thorpe Fell.
Somehwat unusually, especially for a trig point so easy to reach from the road, the trig point still possess an intact spider.