The Lanshaw Farm trig point is located near the farm of the same name on the edge of a plantation on Stainburn Moor. It was built in 1953 as one of the third order of trig points.
|Station Name:||Lanshaw Farm|
|Date Built:||9th November 1953|
|Levelling Date:||1st June 1976|
|Historic Use:||3rd order|
|TUK Ref No:||TP4360|
|No. of Visits:||1|
The Lanshaw Farm trig point is easy to reach, a mere 5-10 minutes’ level walk from the car park at the top of Norwood Lane. The trig point sits just on the other side of a low wall and barbed wire fence from the path. The views aren’t particularly inspiring and consists mainly of the large sheep pasture the trig point is located in and the surrounding plantations.