The Smearsett Scar trig point is situated on the limestone scar of the same name and was built in 1949 as part of the third order of trig points.
|Station Name:||Smearsett Scar|
|Date Built:||24th July 1949|
|Levelling Date:||1st June 1951|
|Historic Use:||3rd order|
|TUK Ref No:||TP6033|
|No. of Visits:||2|
The Smearsett Scar trig point can be reached using the Feizor to Little Stainforth footpath. At the point where the path passes below the very obvious summit follow the steeply wall up on its left hand side before breaking off left to reach the top.
The view is excellent with a fine panorama south that includes the north Bowland fells. To the north Moughton can be well seen though the eye is more likely to be directed to either Ingleborough and Pen-y-ghent.