The Chevin trig point was originally built in 1937 as part of the secondary order of trig points. The pillar is listed as having been destroyed in 1969.
|Station Name:||The Chevin|
|Date Built:||6th July 1937|
|Levelling Date:||1st October 1962|
|TUK Ref No:||TP6363|
|No. of Visits:||3|
The trig point was situated on a small heathery ridge set back a short way from the main escarpment of The Chevin. Presumably it fell victim to Yorkgate Quarry which is situated immediately below and to the west of the summit. The quarry itself is now disused and is now a picnic area.