The Tow Scar trig point is situated on one of the limestone scars at the southern end of Gragareth and was built in 1949 as part of the third order of trig points.
|Station Name:||Tow Scar|
|Date Built:||1st May 1949|
|Levelling Date:||1st June 1950|
|Historic Use:||3rd order|
|TUK Ref No:||TP6551|
|No. of Visits:||2|
The Tow Scar trig point can be reached by using a track between the Kingsdale Road and Turbary Road. There is a handy layby just next to the gate where the track starts. It takes about 15 minutes to reach the trig point which is found by a short climb to the south of the track as it passes to the north of Tow Scar.
The view is particularly extensive looking south towards the northern Bowland Fells. To the west the view extends out to the coast where Heysham Power Station leads the eye out to Morecambe Bay.
The most striking object in view is Ingleborough. The trig point also looks right down to the village of Ingleton. The views to the north are however largely obscured by higher ground to the north beyond which is Gragareth.